Saturday, June 09, 2007

Celebrities 101

Hahaha sorry i'm so slow my friends, I guess I'm still getting into the habit of regular recordings. Rest assured that come work time, I'm sure I'll be getting down a LOT more frequently, know what I'm sayin, naamean?

Ok. First. Celebrity sighting. Did I walk by Mos Def? Hmm...yes, yes I did.

In Rob's Mind:
Checking out some wares on La Brea from Union, Stussy and Undftd. Leaving from Union, Nicole and I start to stroll next door to Stussy. Notice a cat in a Kangol with a lady on his arm and a security guard eyeing us down. It's Mos Def. As we pass each other, less then a foot away, I give a cool-as-hell nod, communicating the following message without words: "What's up my man--thanks for making some bomb ass music that has been in my play list for years. I ain't fazed or anything cause of your celebrity status, but just saying peace and respect. Oh and you did a pretty good job in that cop movie with Bruce Willis." To which, Mos replies (also with a nod) "No problem man--thanks for the props, keep doing your thing, and hit me up if you want to kick it--I have some fresh new vinyl we could get down to. And nice kicks!"

In reality:
Leaving Union and headed for Stussy. Totally preoccupied with finding a quality varsity jacket, thinking about what colors I want. Unaware of my surroundings as usual. Vaguely notice some people walking towards us. Nicole freaks out (quietly) like "Oh my God I can't believe it!" Turn my head to the side in confusion. Notice Mos Def like a foot away with a girl and a security guard. Think DAMN he's small, like 5'4"! Mos Def notices Nicole freaking out and sort of smiles at us as he passes. Forget to give really cool nod, still thinking about how short he is. Decide instead of going back to badger him, play it cool and keep walking (stars ain't no thang). Thoughts return to finding a varsity jacket.

Thus passed my first celebrity sighting...and let me tell you, my friends, it was everything I could have hoped and dreamed for...and more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reply to your sister's email. And update your address? LvK

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter