Sunday, May 07, 2006

What's the buzz? (Tell me what's a happenin'...)

Hey everyone--it's been a little while, n'est pas? I know you guys were all deeply concerned for my well being, rest assured that I am alive and kickin' here in BKK. I just got through a visit from my Dad, whoo-hoo! Very nice to have some family out to see me, although it was only for a couple days we had a great time. Highlights include eating a great lunch at a Thai cafe by my school, an awesome dinner at this Egyptian restaraunt in Sukhumvit, some Phad Thai at Siam Discovery, and a killer full out Thai dinner at a beautiful restaurant that overlooks the Rama bridge as it is light up at night. Oh yeah, and we saw some sights. But the eating.... ;)

We also managed to check out a canal tour, Wat Arun, Chatuchak Weekend market, and an awesome live music venue called the Saxophone Bar for some incredible blues and rock. And the best part? You can check it out in my new set of PICS! or use the link at the side.

Hmm, what else is new...i'm trying to finalize some travel plans, and having a difficult time committing to anything. I have an exam...wait....that's right, tomorrow, hahaha and then another on May 19th, so i'm debating a trip either inside Thailand, or to neighboring Cambodia during this stretch between exams. Ah, some many choices... ;) I do know that I'm going to head out to Indo for some surfing after my last exam, with my crazy Hawaiian surfer friend Radical Edward (hahaha get the reference? Oh, only the few and brave will admit to having knowledge of this one), or Uncle Eddy, as he likes to be called. Am I any good at surfing, you ask? Sure, i mean, how hard can it be, right? I had that whole afternoon when I was with Matt in Hawaii to practice in the 3ft surf of Waikiki beach...so it's pretty much the same in Indo, right? Right, guys?

Anyways, more updates forthcoming (I hope ;) Love to everyone at home, send some emails when you get a chance, hope you guys are enjoying the spring weather. It remains consistantly above 35 here, and humid. Which is a lot less fun then it sounds. Whatever. Tropics for life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you are having such a great time, cant wait till you're home.

2:04 PM  
Blogger justeezy said...

Heyyy rob!!
Im so jealous of you right now.. I wish I could be travelling my ass! Goto Thailand to see the he-shes! =P When u coming back to etown? we'll go partay it up. Add me to msn: shu.justine@gmail.com
Take care!

11:41 PM  
Blogger justeezy said...

eeeer.. *travelling my ass off* hahahah.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter